Please bear with us, an update is currently in progress. We will make it worth your while. Promise :-]
Below is a crossword puzzle easy enough for learning the steps of the scientific method. This method of inquiry is one that has become the scientist's tool of choice for solving problems and acquiring sound scientific knowledge. As an experimenter, you too can benefit from its use. But how do you actually apply it and what are the steps involved?
That's what this crossword puzzle will cover. Before attempting it though, you might like to take a look at this article that explains the steps of the scientific method.You will find some great information on the steps involved in the scientific inquiry process and how you can go about applying it to your own investigations.
If you would like some more scientific method crossword puzzles for kids, you will find some in the scientific method quiz section; a great resource for testing your understanding of the scientific inquiry process. It is also updated frequently so make sure to bookmark this page and pop back for another visit soon.
Use the Clues Below to Complete the Crossword
5. Scientists use this to represent things they cannot directly study
10. If your hypothesis is well tested, supported and verifiable, it might become a...
12. A type of variable that you do not change in an experiment
16. Another name for a variable that depends on another
18. You might display your data or information using a...
21. The things you record as you carry out your investigation
22. An explanation of a phenomenon that is to be tested
23. The tools that scientists use to acquire knowledge
1. You arrive at this after carrying out your experiment
2. The types of observations you make using your 5 senses
3. The thing you do to learn more about your observations
4. These describe relationships between things you observe
6. A quick explanation of something that you observe
7. The evidence you collect as you conduct your experiment
8. Another name that is also commonly used for a variable that you can change
9. Something that can affect how the results of an experiment are viewed and are to be avoided
11. It is important to design an experiment that is easily...
13. A type variable that you can change in your experiment
14. The types of observations you make when you count or measure something
15. These are usually the first things in your scientific investigation
17. Something that you carry out to test your hypothesis
19. The variable that you use to compare experimental results
20. A good hypothesis must be one that is...
From ancient Greek science to medieval science to the modern scientific method, find out how this method has come to be the tool of choice for scientific inquiry.
You know that the scientific method is a very important tool in scientific inquiry, but what actually is it? Here are some great scientific method definitions that explain the scientific process and what it involves.
What springs to mind when you think of the word "science"? A classroom full of rote-memorizing students? A mad scientist sporting a white lab coat? Gobbledygook? FUN? Find out what the "experts" think science is.
Unfortunately, there is no single way to define science and today you will find a myriad of definitions with wide varying opinions. Here are some of the more interesting definitions I came across.