Please bear with us, an update is currently in progress. We will make it worth your while. Promise :-]
Test your knowledge of the scientific method with this free printable crossword puzzle. How do you rate your understanding of the scientific inquiry process? Great! So-so? This quiz will help you identify what you understand well and what you might need to focus on to bring your knowledge up to speed.
This crossword covers the fundamentals of the scientific inquiry process and is also useful for helping you become acquainted with the basics of the scientific method.
You will find answers provided but you should try it out first to get a feeling for where you stand. It is relatively straightforward and you should have no problems completing it. You will also find a link to the PDF version so that you can print it out for personal use.
If you would like more challenging crosswords and worksheets just hop on over to the scientific method quiz section. There is an ever-growing collection of fun worksheets and activities covering different aspects of the scientific method being constantly added. Make sure to bookmark this page and visit again for more interesting worksheets.
Use the Clues Below to Complete the Crossword
1. When scientists make discoveries by accident
3. A statement of what you aim to achieve by doing an experiment
5. A "if-then" statement that describes how you intend to solve a problem and is based on past observations
6. The type of data that does not involve counting or measuring; rather observations made through your 5 senses
8. As you carry out an experiment, one of the things you will do is...
10. A means by which you can test your hypothesis
11. A question or issue that needs to be solved
12. A type of error that varies and cannot be predicted
13. A theory that explains scientific observations is also known as a...
1. Knowledge that is acquired using the scientific method is also known as...
2. When carrying out experiments and collecting data, it is important to do so in a way that is...
4. An error in your experiment that causes your measurements to be skewed by the same amount every time you take a measurement
6. The type of data you would most likely count or measure
7. To make a decision based on experimental results
9. A theory that can experimentally be confirmed time-and-time again and usually without change is a...
From ancient Greek science to medieval science to the modern scientific method, find out how this method has come to be the tool of choice for scientific inquiry.
You know that the scientific method is a very important tool in scientific inquiry, but what actually is it? Here are some great scientific method definitions that explain the scientific process and what it involves.
What springs to mind when you think of the word "science"? A classroom full of rote-memorizing students? A mad scientist sporting a white lab coat? Gobbledygook? FUN? Find out what the "experts" think science is.
Unfortunately, there is no single way to define science and today you will find a myriad of definitions with wide varying opinions. Here are some of the more interesting definitions I came across.